Enyo Law acts in all types of competition litigation both before the English Courts and the Competition Appeal Tribunal, as well as in private and LCIA arbitrations.
We act for clients in pricing disputes, abuse of dominance and cartel cases and have experience acting at every stage of proceedings, including:
- Pre-action conduct
- Applications for interim measures
- Actions for damages
- Appeals against decisions of national competition and regulatory authorities; and
- Judicial review.
Our team also advises clients in the context of unfair competition claims, regulatory investigations, and super-complaints. We have represented clients in dawn raids at national and EU levels. We have also made submissions on behalf of clients to consultations in the context of economic regulation.
Enyo Law has acted for clients in industries as diverse as the aviation, manufacturing, telecommunication, and life science industries.
Recent examples of our work
- Successfully defending competition law counterclaims brought by Chinese mobile phone manufacturer, Huawei against Unwired Planet, an entity who owns standard essential patents in the telecoms sphere. Huawei was found to have infringed a number of Unwired Planet’s patents. Unwired Planet was found not to have breached Article 102 TFEU and was therefore entitled to an injunction against Huawei, who had refused to take the fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory ('FRAND') licence set by the Court.
- Representing airlines in various disputes with airport authorities in relation to allegations of State Aid, unpaid contractual bonuses and unpaid check-in and baggage fees.
- Acting for the respondent foreign telecoms regulator in relation to two arbitrations against it by a telecoms provider, operating in a dominant position, in relation to the regulator's measures to increase competition.
- Acting for the NHS in a dispute concerning the supply of generic drugs and claiming damages for anti-competitive price-fixing agreements between the Defendants.
- Representing the claimant foreign airline in proceedings against a foreign petrochemical company in relation to unlawfully inflated prices for aviation fuel arising from an established cartel of aviation fuel suppliers in Italy.
- Representing the claimant foreign chemical company in a dispute about whether a long-term supply contract worth several million in US dollars was in breach of Article 101 TFEU.