Matt’s practice focuses on complex and high-value international commercial disputes, advising clients in the logistics, energy, banking and insurance sectors. Matt has experience in litigation and arbitration, usually with a cross-border element.
Matt read Law and Economics at Keele University before training with a full-service firm, where he undertook secondments to a leading energy company and to an insurer. Matt joined Enyo Law in May 2014.
Representative cases include:
- Acting for a port developer in its US$2 billion claim relating to the construction of a commodities transhipment terminal in Southern Russia, and advising in connection with related proceedings in the Dutch Enterprise Chamber.
- Acting for a high net worth Ukrainian businessman in connection with a worldwide freezing order, and defending related applications for disclosure.
- Advising a state-owned oil and gas company on arbitration strategies relating to a Latin American oil field.
- Acting for the Libyan Investment Authority (LIA) in its US$2.1 billion claim against Société Générale SA for rescission of a series of complex, financial derivative transactions.
- Acting for the LIA in its US$1 billion claim against Goldman Sachs International for rescission of financial derivative transactions.
- Acting for a high net worth Russian businessman to resist an anti-suit injunction application, and related disclosure application, connected with a US$2 billion claim in New York proceedings.
- Acting for an off-shore Guernsey unit trust in its professional negligence claim against a firm of chartered surveyors in connection with a commercial property development.
- London Solicitor Litigation Association
- Young International Arbitration Group