George is our Senior Partner and a technically accomplished litigator with an outstanding reputation. He has a broad practice and experience in both International Commercial Arbitration and Litigation.
In addition to being admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales, George is admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand, and as a Barrister of the Supreme Court of the Turks and Caicos Islands. George has advised on disputes all over the world.
George has been described as a "flexible litigator with a razor-sharp mind, whose relentless determination keeps clients coming back for more" (The Lawyer Hot 100, 2010), “a superb practitioner” (Legal Business, 2012), and “a superstar in the making” (Legal 500, 2014). Other directory quotes include:
- "...George Maling is straightforward and persistent..." (Legal 500, 2014)
- He has "great tactical nous." (Legal 500, 2014)
- His advice is "always perfectly tuned to client needs." (Legal 500, 2015)
- "...a 'roll your sleeves up' kind of guy who is very intelligent and commercial." (Chambers and Partners, 2016)
- "...a savvy litigator..." (Chambers and Partners, 2017)
George commenced legal practice in New Zealand in 1994, where he acted as both a barrister and solicitor. George then spent several years practising (again as a barrister and solicitor) in the Turks and Caicos Islands before moving to England and commencing legal practice there in 1999. Prior to joining Enyo Law in August 2012, George was a partner at both UK and US international law firms.