Edward has acted in a wide range of international and domestic commercial disputes and has particular expertise in civil fraud and complex financial proceedings, often involving banks.
He regularly acts for sovereign states, state institutions, corporations and high-net worth individuals in English and foreign proceedings, and arbitrations.
Edward, named in The Lawyer's Hot 100 for 2020 and is partner responsible for one of The Lawyer’s Top 20 cases for 2021.
He has been described in legal directories as follows:
- “well respected”, “highly rated” and “hugely energetic”
- “innovative and absolutely excellent”
- “extremely talented and dedicated”
- “a great team player and intellectually top drawer”
- “several steps ahead and comes in with non-standard solutions”
- "a savvy litigator who is ready to roll his sleeves up and immerse himself in the details of a case”
- “a razor-sharp legal mind and a crisp drafting style that really shines"
- “whose tactical judgment is (in my experience) second to none amongst solicitors”
- “has the ear of his clients, and can sell them the right strategic approach to a case, even if it cuts across their preconceptions”
- “He shows excellent analysis and judgement as well as real leadership in advancing the shape of a case”
- “He understands the tactics, gives clear advice and really digs into the details”
- “is absolutely outstanding and shows excellent analysis and judgement on cases”
- “He runs cases very efficiently and takes the right points”
Edward graduated from Oxford University before becoming a solicitor.
He is a Solicitor Advocate.
Farhad Azima v RAKIA & Ors  EWHC 2018,  EWHC 790,  EWHC 1295
Karam Al Sadeq v Dechert LLP & Ors; Jihad Quzmar v Dechert LLP & Another  EWHC 1149,  EWHC 1197
- Toucan Energy Holdings Limited & Another v Wirsol Energy Holding Limited & Another  EWHC 3924,  EWHC 895
- Neil and Ann Gerrard v Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation Limited & Diligence International LLC  EWHC 3241 (QB)
- The Libyan Investment Authority v Credit Suisse International & Ors  EWHC 1387
- SCOR SE v Barclays Bank PLC  EWHC 133
- Leidos Inc v The Hellenic Republic  EWHC 2738
- Yukos International & Ors v Dmitri Merinson  EWHC 335,  EWCA Civ 830
- The Libyan Investment Authority v Société Générale SA & Ors  EWHC 4043,  EWHC 550,  EWHC 375,  EWHC 1826,  EWHC 1915,  EWHC 3277,  EWHC 390,  EWHC 780,  EWHC 781,  EWHC 1155,  EWHC 2631,  EWHC 2659
- The Libyan Investment Authority v Goldman Sachs International  EWHC 3364,  EWHC 2530
- Eurobank Ergasias SA v Kalliroi Navigation Company Limited & Ors  EWHC 2377
- Enercon GmbH & Wobben Properties GmbH v Enercon (India) Limited  EWHC 689,  EWHC 3711,  EWHC 3967,  EWHC 335,  EWHC 4049
'Taking the bank - the rise of fraud claims against financiers' (Financial Regulatory and Disputes Summit, 2020)
'Fraud and Corruption: The Developing Risks' (Serle Court Disputes Forum, 2018)
'Recent Trends in Sovereign Immunity' (UK/US Cross-Border Litigation Summit, 2018)
'Conducting a Fraud Claim: Practical Tips for Disclosure and Evidence' (Enyo Law/Brick Court seminar, 2018)