Simon is a trusted business advisor to financial institutions, companies and high net worth individuals.
He has a broad range of dispute resolution experience (including contentious trusts, contractual disputes, banking and finance, hedge funds, fraud, derivative products, contentious insurance and reinsurance, complex restructurings, outsourcing and shareholder disputes). Much of Simon's work is of an international nature.
Simon has also served as an arbitrator in major international arbitrations, both in England and the United States.
Simon graduated from Cambridge University and qualified with Freshfields in 1988. Between 1989 and 1996 he was a director of both UK and American reinsurance companies, including five years based in New York. He joined Addleshaw Booth & Co in 1999, heading both the London office and, from 2001, the Litigation Group. He led the Litigation Group at Addleshaw Booth & Co, and, following the merger with Theodore Goddard, at Addleshaw Goddard until his departure in 2010.
- AMC III Purple B.V. v Amethyst Radiotherapy Limited  EWHC 1503 (Comm)
- Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation Fund & Ors v Novo Banco S.A.;  UKSC 34 on appeal from  EWCA Civ 1092
- The Libyan Investment Authority v. Société Générale S.A. & Ors  EWHC 2773 (Comm);  EWHC 375 (Comm);  EWHC 1720 (QB);  EWHC 550 (QB)
- The Libyan Investment Authority v. Goldman Sachs International  EWHC 2530 (Ch);  EWHC 3364 (Ch)
- North Shore Ventures v Anstead Holdings & Ors  EWCA Civ 11
- North Shore Ventures Ltd v. Anstead Holdings Inc  EWHC 1485 (Ch); &  EWCA Civ 230
- Berezovsky & Others v. Edmiston Co Ltd & Others  EWHC 1883 (Comm); &  EWCA Civ 431
- AA Cassidy v. Capita Insurance Services Ltd
- Andrew Stephen Reid v. The Capita Group  EWHC 2722 (Ch)
- HIH Casualty and Others v. The Matrix New Professional Partnerships 2001 WL 1423026
- Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company v. The Home Insurance Company, 278 F. 3d 621, 00-3577 (United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit 2002)
- Pan Atlantic v. Republic (Southern District of New York  Lloyd’s Rep 505