Steven acts for claimants and defendants in commercial arbitration and litigation proceedings in a broad range of complex and high value disputes. Steven has particular experience in advising claimants in actions against banks relating to credit derivatives and interest rate hedging products and defending claims against former directors of companies. His cross-border disputes and international arbitration practice has covered utilities and construction joint ventures and banking disputes, involving parties from the US, continental Europe, and the Far and Middle East.
Steven studied at King’s College London (War Studies BA) and at the University of Kent (Public International Law LLM) before qualifying as a solicitor at the London offices of a major commercial law firm in 2010. He joined Enyo Law in January 2013.
Reported cases include
- Wood v Capita Insurance Services Limited  UKSC 24
- American Leisure Group Limited v Sir David Eardley Garrard & Ors  EWCA Civ 445
- Wood v Capita Insurance Services Limited  EWCA Civ 839
- American Leisure Group Limited v Sir David Eardley Garrard & Ors  EWHC 2101 (Ch)
- Wood v Sureterm Direct Limited and Capita Insurance Services Limited  EWHC 3240 (Comm)
- Derrick Barr and Ors v Biffa Waste Services Limited  EWCA Civ 312
- Derrick Barr and Ors v Biffa Waste Services Limited  EWHC 1003 (TCC)
- Cassa di Risparmio della Repubblica di San Marino SpA v Barclays Bank plc  EWHC 484 (Comm)
Other recent experience
- Acting for the public/private JV claimants in an ICC arbitration relating to a major water and sewerage infrastructure project in the Caribbean
- Advising a natural resources company in a dispute with a number of its creditors in LCIA Arbitrations
- Advising on LIBOR civil fraud claims against RBS and other UK banks
- Acting for a US utility company in Bermuda form insurance arbitrations in connection with over US$1bn in losses from a major pollution event
- Defending High Court Proceedings for in excess of US$400m brought against the former non-executive directors of a BVI property development company
- Acting for the respondents in an ICC arbitration concerning a multi-phase property development project in Eastern Europe.
- Advising on a dispute between a major UK financial services company and its outsourcing provider
- Defending director disqualification proceedings against the former managing director of a UK plc
- Advising on claims in excess of £100m in respect of interest rate swap mis-selling claims including claims based on LIBOR manipulation
- Advising a UK plc on an application to the European Court of Human Rights for relief following the judgment of a local court in Spain
- Advising on the defence of environmental group actions against UK corporates