Steven acts for claimants and defendants across a broad range commercial disputes, in arbitral and court proceedings. His experience includes: acting for claimants and defendants in high value and high profile fraud claims; advising on disputes arising out of outsourcing agreements; insurance coverage litigation and arbitration; joint venture and post M&A disputes; and advising directors on personal claims against them by liquidators and regulators.
Steven was described in Legal 500 (2018) as "very good a resolving complex dispute matters."
Steven studied at King’s College London (War Studies BA) and at the University of Kent (Public International Law LLM) before qualifying as a solicitor at the London offices of a major commercial law firm in 2010. He joined Enyo Law in January 2013.
Reported cases include
- Wood v Capita Insurance Services Limited  UKSC 24
- American Leisure Group Limited v Sir David Eardley Garrard & Ors  EWCA Civ 445
- Wood v Capita Insurance Services Limited  EWCA Civ 839
- American Leisure Group Limited v Sir David Eardley Garrard & Ors  EWHC 2101 (Ch)
- Wood v Sureterm Direct Limited and Capita Insurance Services Limited  EWHC 3240 (Comm)
- Derrick Barr and Ors v Biffa Waste Services Limited  EWCA Civ 312
- Derrick Barr and Ors v Biffa Waste Services Limited  EWHC 1003 (TCC)
- Cassa di Risparmio della Repubblica di San Marino SpA v Barclays Bank plc  EWHC 484 (Comm)
Other recent experience
- Acting for a Ukrainian businessman, in his defence of claims brought against him by an oil company for approx. $400 million and ancillary litigation.
- Acting for the public/private JV claimants in an ICC arbitration relating to a major water and sewerage infrastructure project in the Caribbean
- Advising a natural resources company in a dispute with a number of its creditors in LCIA Arbitrations
- Advising on LIBOR civil fraud claims against RBS and other UK banks
- Acting for a US utility company in Bermuda form insurance arbitrations in connection with over US$1bn in losses from a major pollution event
- Defending High Court Proceedings for in excess of US$400m brought against the former non-executive directors of a BVI property development company
- Acting for the respondents in an ICC arbitration concerning a multi-phase property development project in Eastern Europe.
- Advising on a dispute between a major UK financial services company and its outsourcing provider
- Defending director disqualification proceedings against the former managing director of a UK plc
- Advising on claims in excess of £100m in respect of interest rate swap mis-selling claims including claims based on LIBOR manipulation
- Advising a UK plc on an application to the European Court of Human Rights for relief following the judgment of a local court in Spain
- Advising on the defence of environmental group actions against UK corporates