Anna Maxwell is a highly skilled disputes lawyer with extensive experience advising on significant commercial disputes, often with an international dimension. She specialises in international commercial arbitration and investment arbitration and has acted in numerous arbitrations seated in various jurisdictions and under the rules of many arbitral institutions. Anna is also an experienced commercial litigator and is frequently instructed on litigation proceedings in support of arbitration and in free standing commercial litigation cases.
Anna read Law at Cambridge University before qualifying with Herbert Smith in 2001. She moved to a Silver Circle firm in 2004 and to Bond Pearce LLP in 2008 to focus on energy disputes. She joined Enyo Law in 2012 to further her career in a specialist disputes only and conflict free practice.
- Enercon & Wobben Properties v. Enercon (India)  EWHC 4049 (Comm),  EWHC 335,  EWHC 3967 (Comm),  EWHC 3711 (Comm),  EWHC 689 (Comm)
- Capita Alternative Fund Services (Guernsey) Limited (2) Matrix-Securities Limited v Drivers Jonas (a firm) –  EWCA Civ 1417
- Capita Alternative Fund Services (Guernsey) Limited (2) Matrix-Securities Limited v Drivers Jonas (a firm) –  EWHC 2336 (Comm)
- Leading a global team of lawyers in advising a Far East oil and gas major on litigation and arbitration strategies relating to an $850 million investment in a Latin American oil field.
- Advising on a Bilateral Investment Treaty claim concerning the alleged expropriation of a license for extracting coal where damages claimed were approximately $500 million.
- Advising a Turkish investor in relation to Bilateral Investment Treaty claims worth $50 million against the Republic of Azerbaijan arising out of investments under a contract with a state utility company.
- Acting for an international company in a multi-million dollar dispute relating to a joint venture for the construction of a major terminal at a port in a Eurasian country.
- Acting for a leading South Asian construction group in relation to two parallel LCIA arbitrations relating to a joint venture for the construction of a $500 million highway in a sub-Saharan African state.
- Acting as Co-Counsel with a US law firm in representing a Nigerian State regarding a multi-million dollar ICC arbitration concerning the Respondent’s failure to construct an airport.
- Acting for a national bank of a Middle Eastern country in a jurisdictional dispute arising from a performance bond.
- Acting for one of the largest independent alternative asset managers in the UK in connection with its acquisition of a large securitised portfolio of loans.
- Representing a leading Malaysian oil & gas company in relation to the enforcement of an arbitral award, which was the subject of set aside proceedings commenced in the Malaysian courts.
- Acting for one of the largest wind energy companies in India on a complex jurisdictional dispute arising out of IP rights in a wind energy joint venture.
- Acting for a renewable energy business in relation to technical issues arising out of a EPC and Operating and Maintenance Agreements.
- Advising an EPC contractor on a $200 million ICC dispute regarding the construction of a terminal in Tunisia.
- Advising various high net wealth individual investors in relation to claims against a US hedge fund.
- Advising a number of entities in the BVI and Guatemala in High Court proceedings regarding matters arising out of a joint venture conducted with two substantial US companies on-and off- shore Guatemala.
- Various matters involving disputes between minority and majority shareholders including bringing and defending unfair prejudice actions.
- Advice to a hedge fund regarding the theft of confidential information by a former LLP member including springboard injunctive relief.
- Advising various entities in the context of LCIA and ICC arbitrations arising out of joint venture and/or sale and purchase agreements.
- Advising the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile on various dispute resolution matters.
- Member of Arbitral Women, a group of active arbitration practitioners spanning some 40 jurisdictions
- Member of the International Bar Association
- Member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators