Konrad’s practice focuses on international commercial litigation and cross-jurisdictional fraud disputes. He has acted for a broad range of corporates, financial institutions and high-net worth individuals on civil fraud, banking, shareholder and restructuring matters. Konrad has particular expertise in Eastern Europe and Eurasia related disputes and has frequently acted in cases involving worldwide freezing orders, other interlocutory relief and enforcement measures. Konrad additionally has experience of arbitration matters across an array of institutions.
Konrad is a barrister with full rights of audience. He has experience of acting as part of the counsel team in Court hearings and in ICSID proceedings.
Konrad is ranked as a "Next Generation Partner" in Civil Fraud in Legal 500 (2022) and has also been recommended by Legal 500 for Commercial Litigation. He has been described by legal directories as a "top-quality litigator" and as having "innovative approaches to difficult legal cases."
Konrad holds an MA in Jurisprudence (first class honours) and a Bachelor of Civil Law from the University of Oxford. After training in chambers and spending two Court terms as a Judicial Clerk in the Court of Appeal, Konrad practised at US international law firms, latterly as Counsel at Boies Schiller Flexner (UK) LLP, before joining Enyo Law as a partner in February 2018.
- Angophora Holdings vs Ovsyankin et al  EWHC 3376 (Comm)
- PJSC Tatneft v Bogolyubov & Ors  EWHC 3225 (Comm)
- Pan African Minerals Ltd v Banco BTG Pactual SA & Ors  EWHC 2994 (Comm)
- Kazakhstan Kagazy Plc v. Zhunus & Ors  EWHC 3374 (Comm)
- M&G v. Hayfin & Ors  EWHC 1756 (Ch)
- Alliance Bank JSC v. Zhunus & Ors  EWHC 714 (Comm)
- Kazakhstan Kagazy Plc v. Arip  EWCA Civ 381
- Postova Banka a.s. v. Hellenic Republic (ICSID Case No. ARB/13/8)
- Bank of New York Mellon (London Branch) v. Truvo NV & Ors  EWHC 136 (Comm)
Other experience includes
- Acting for a joint venture owned by major Russian and Italian Banks in a $70 million LCIA arbitration claim against its co-partner arising out of breaches of a Shareholders' Agreement concerning the oil and gas sector in Russia.
- Acting for a Ukrainian businessman in his defence of claims brought against him by an oil company for approx. $400 million and ancillary litigation.
- Advising a major creditor of Lehman Brothers International (Europe) in relation to its proof of debt and related claims in insolvency proceedings before the High Court.
- Acting for Holders of notes in relation to a multi-million pound unlawful means conspiracy claim in the Commercial Court against the Issuer of the notes.
- Acting for Holders of notes in a $220 million enforcement dispute arising from a default on guaranteed secured notes, involving proceedings in the LCIA, Russia and Cyprus.
- Acting for shareholders of a bank against whom proceedings had been commenced alleging that it failed to disclose commissions paid to brokers in connection with the placement of certain mortgages.
- Acting for a third party in obtaining the discharge of a Third Party Debt Order of nearly £50 million.
- Advising the Hellenic Republic in relation to the contentious aspects of its €206 billion debt restructuring in 2012.
- Acting for the Republic of Argentina in a case concerning the seizure of a warship by creditors of Argentina in Ghana, which was subsequently released.
- Speaker, "Foreign Lawyers and Privilege" English Law Week, November 2021
- Speaker, "Chabra Injunctions" Ekaterinburg Law Day, March 2021
- Speaker, "Anti-suit injunctions" English Law Week, November 2020
- Speaker, "Updates in Jurisdiction", British-Russian Law Association, May 2018
- Speaker, "Enforceability of LCIA Awards", English Law Summit Kazakhstan, April 2018
- Speaker, “Interim measures in support of Foreign Proceedings”, English-Cypriot Law day, September 2017.
- Speaker, “Recast Brussels Regulation”, English-Cypriot Law Day, June 2016.
- Co-author of “Hague Convention on Choice of Court Agreements”, Business Law Review, February 2016.
- Co-author of “Sham Trusts”, Trust and Trustees Journal, December 2015.
- Speaker, “UK Corporate Governance”, English Law Week, Moscow, December 2015.
- Co-author of “Trust Structures under English Law”, Legal Insight, September 2015.
- Co-author of “Tael One Partners: Contractual Interpretation as an iterative process”, Journal of Business Law, August 2015.
- Speaker on International Arbitration at “Bar Council International Arbitration and Corporate Governance Seminar” in Astana, Kazakhstan, April 2015.
- Co-author of “Challenging the Bail In”, Banking Law Journal, July/August 2014.