Gavkhar has experience of handling complex and high profile commercial disputes and international arbitration proceedings. She has particular expertise in Russian and CIS-related disputes and has advised both state and commercial entities in multi-jurisdictional disputes across a wide range of industry sectors, including oil & gas, mining, telecoms and financial services.
Gavkhar received her LLB and LLM in International Law from the University of World Economy and Diplomacy in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, and then completed her second LLM degree at UC Berkeley School of Law. She also graduated from the London School of Economics and Political Science with an MSc degree in Law and Accounting.
Before joining Enyo Law in 2018, she worked as counsel at the LCIA, where she was in charge of its Russian and CIS caseload, as well as its compliance with sanctions regulations. Prior to this role, Gavkhar worked with international law firms in London and Washington, DC.
Gavkhar is fluent in Russian and Uzbek.
- Acting for the Claimant in an NAI arbitration against a German multinational building materials company.
- Acted for Lonestar Drilling Nigeria Limited, a leading oil field services company, in a Commercial Court action against a consortium of African banks (Claim No. 2013-1125)
- Acting for the First Defendant in PJSC Vseukrainskyi Aktsionerniy Bank v Sergey Maksimov & Ors;  EWHC 3771 (Comm) &  EWHC 4370 (Comm)
- Acting for the third parties in JSC BTA Bank v. Mukhtar Ablyazov & Ors;  EWHC 1869 (Comm);  EWCA Civ 602
- Acting for the Claimant in an ICC dispute arising out of supply agreements in the mining sector.
- Acting for a major Russian bank in a multi-million dollar fraud claim involving proceedings and ancillary measures in a number of jurisdictions.
- Acting for the Respondent in a complex commercial dispute under SCC rules.
- Acting for the Claimant in an ICSID (Additional Facility) arbitration; Mobile TeleSystems OJSC v. Turkmenistan.
- Acting for the Claimant in three ICC arbitrations against state entities and the state of Turkmenistan in connection with breaches of contractual obligations.
- Acting for the Claimants in a dispute over the loss of profits and dividends arising out of the operation and management of a ferroalloy holding in Ukraine, and a claim for breach of an obligation to transfer shares in a Ukrainian iron ore plant.
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- American Society of International Law (ASIL)
- New York Bar Association (NYBA)
- Law Society of England of Wales
- Charted Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG)