Layla has experience handling complex and high value commercial disputes, with particular expertise in insurance and banking disputes. She has also advised on cross-border cases involving allegations of conspiracy and fraud.
After graduating from Nottingham University with a degree in Law, Layla worked at the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris. In 2014, Layla commenced her training contract at Addleshaw Goddard LLP, during which she spent six months working in their Dubai office. Layla joined Enyo Law in October 2018.
Reported cases include
- AMC III Purple B.V. v Amethyst Radiotherapy Limited  EWHC 1503 (Comm)
- Bourne Rail Limited & Anor v Ashton & Ors  EWHC 73 (QB)
- Standish & Ors v The Royal Bank of Scotland plc & Anor  EWHC 1829 (Ch)
Other recent and noteworthy experience
- Advising on a freezing injunction application in connection with the recovery of a monies under a personal guarantee in connection with two Murabaha Finance Agreements.
- Acting for two founding shareholders of a London hotel group in an expedited LCIA arbitration.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment in June 2019 for a large European private equity fund, in proceedings brought against a borrower in relation to multi-million Euro facilities. Declarations of default were obtained as well as a multi-million Euro monetary judgment.
- Acting for a Bahraini investment bank and Saudi Arabia's largest real estate development company in a long-running $1 billion dispute in the courts of England, Bahrain and Kuwait, involving allegations of conspiracy, money laundering, breach of confidence and defamation.
- Advising on a successful emergency injunction for a preservation order, in relation to confidential information misappropriated by ex-employees.
- Advising a large public body in relation to claims against its insurer for losses suffered as a result of property damage and business interruption.
- Acting for a major UK bank in its recovery of outstanding partnership capital loans following the Chapter XI bankruptcy (USA) of an international law firm.
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association
- Fraud Women’s network
- LCIA Young International Arbitrators Group
- Arbitral Women