Amy has a broad range of experience in complex, high value disputes and investigations, usually with an international element. Amy has worked for a variety of clients including large corporates, banks, insurance firms, and clients in insolvency proceedings. She has experience of High Court litigation, as well as financial services regulation and investigations.
Amy graduated from The University of Manchester with a first class degree in Law, after which she joined Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer as a trainee solicitor. During her training contract she was seconded to the firm’s Dubai office. On qualification in March 2016, Amy joined the Freshfields Dispute Resolution department, where she acted for a wide range of clients including international banks, large retail clients, airlines, automotive companies and insurance firms. Amy joined Enyo Law in September 2019.
- Advising the joint administrators of Monarch Airlines on the administration process and an urgent judicial review relating to the allocation of airport slots.
- Advising Volkswagen on civil and regulatory issues relating to emissions from its diesel engines, primarily for the High Court litigation in one of the largest consumer group actions seen by the English Courts.
- Advising a major international insurance firm on an FCA enforcement investigation into the life insurance, pensions and retirement and asset management sectors.
- Advising a global bank on an FCA enforcement investigation in relation to financial crime.
- Assisting one of the Arbitrators of the Basketball Arbitration Tribunal to resolve disputes between players, agents, coaches and clubs.
- Acting for Sotheby's in a multi-million pound High Court dispute in relation to professional negligence.
- Advising on DIAC arbitration proceedings in relation to issues with the construction of a new airport terminal.
- Advising on a construction arbitration for a Bahraini water plant built behind schedule and not to specification.