Boris specializes in advising corporates and high net worth individuals in complex, high-value proceedings (High Court litigation and arbitration) often with cross-jurisdictional elements across a range of industry sectors, including financial services, natural resources and TMT. He represents clients in arbitrations under various institutional rules, including LCIA, ICC, SIAC and CAS, as well as ad hoc proceedings. Boris also regularly advises on regulatory investigations and enforcement matters, as well as white collar crime and sanctions.
Boris speaks English, Russian and German and has a long track record of advising clients from the Former Soviet Union in relation to contentious issues.
Boris graduated from the London School of Economics & Political Science before training and qualifying at Herbert Smith Freehills LLP in London in 2008. Prior to joining Enyo Law as partner in July 2020, Boris also practised at Shearman & Sterling (London) LLP and Taylor Wessing LLP. He is a Solicitor Advocate.
- Representing a Russian fund in relation to fraud claims in the English High Court as well as linked proceedings in several offshore jurisdictions in Europe and the Caribbean
- Acting on a Swiss seated arbitration in relation to licensing of Russian sports rights
- Advising a Former Soviet Union high net worth individual in relation to breach of oral trust claims in several offshore jurisdictions in Europe and the Caribbean
- Advising a European family office in relation to proceeds from an ICSID award
- Sergio Barreiros Azevedo & Anor v Imcopa Importacao, Exportacuao de Oleos Ltda & Ors  EWHC 1849 (Comm) &  EWCA Civ 364
- Representing Dow in relation to a $2.16 billion ICC award (at the time, the largest arbitration award in history) including enforcement and settlement of the same
- Representing a major European banking group in relation to internal investigation concerning compliance with sanctions regulations
- Commercial & Contractual Disputes
- Commercial Arbitration
- Banking Litigation
- Shareholders' Disputes