Elli has experience advising on complex and high profile commercial disputes and international arbitration proceedings. She has acted on a wide range of multi-jurisdictional disputes across a variety of industry sectors.
Elli holds Bachelor’s degrees in both Law and Finance from Otago University, New Zealand. During her studies, Elli spent 6 months in Amsterdam where she specialised in European Union law and was a research assistant at the International Criminal Court in the Hague. In May 2018, Elli obtained a Master of Laws specialising in International Business Regulation, Litigation and Arbitration from New York University.
Prior to joining Enyo Law in October 2020, Elli was an Associate in a leading US law firm’s London office. Elli has also worked at one of New Zealand’s premier corporate law firms where she was involved in a broad range of financial regulatory investigations, insurance disputes and contract disputes. Elli is admitted to practice as barrister and solicitor of the Auckland High Court, New Zealand.
- Acting on behalf of a publicly listed mining company and its subsidiaries in a multi-billion-dollar LCIA arbitration against the Tanzanian government following state-imposed ban on mineral exports.
- Acting for a multinational company advising on human rights and environmental law claims in multiple jurisdictions.
- Acting on behalf of a global consultancy company in a contractual dispute resolved by way of ad hoc arbitration seated in Brussels.
- Advising a multinational corporation engaged in UNCITRAL arbitration regarding defective sale of goods in multiple jurisdictions and negotiating an associated insurance claim.
- Acting for major bank on a financial regulatory investigation, conducted by New Zealand’s Commerce Commission, into the alleged mis-selling of financial derivatives.
- Acting for leading Australasian electricity company in a taxation dispute with the New Zealand Inland Revenue.