Jonathan has acted in a wide range of international and domestic commercial disputes, with particular experience of banking and financial services litigation (and regulatory investigations) and litigation arising in the context of corporate restructurings and other insolvency proceedings. He also specialises in the conflict of laws and jurisdiction.
Jonathan read Philosophy and Law at the University of Sydney and then served as Researcher to the Judge in charge of the Commercial List in the Supreme Court of New South Wales (then the Hon. Justice Patricia Bergin). Following his time at the Court, he joined Allens in Sydney and qualified into the Commercial Litigation department, taking a leave of absence to read for the Bachelor of Civil Law at Oxford University. Jonathan then spent a number of years at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer before joining Enyo Law in October 2020.
- Edgeworth Capital (Luxembourg) Sarl v. Aabar Investments PJS  EWHC 1627 (Comm)
- Carney v. N M Rothschild & Sons Ltd  EWHC 958 (Comm)
- R (on the application of Monarch Airlines Ltd (in administration)) v. Airport Coordination Ltd  EWCA Civ 1892
- KV (Sri Lanka) v. Secretary of State for the Home Department  UKSC 10; on appeal from KV (Sri Lanka) v. Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 119 (both, pro bono)
- Aabar Block Sarl v. Maud  Ch 15
- Global Asset Capital Inc v. Aabar Block Sarl  4 WLR 163 (CA)
- Perella Weinberg Partners (UK) LLP v. Codere SA  EWHC 1182 (Comm) and Codere SA v. Perella Weinberg Partners (UK) LLP (Ordinary Proceeding 1536/2015 in the Commercial Courts of Madrid; 18 April 2016)
- Maud v. Aabar Block Sarl  Bus LR 1243
- CF Partners (UK) LLP v. Barclays Bank PLC and Tricorona AB  EWHC 3049 (Ch)