Deborah is a commercial litigator with particular expertise in restructuring and insolvency law and financial services disputes. She has experience acting on complex and high-value matters, for insolvency practitioners, directors, debtors and creditors across a range of sectors and in relation to both domestic and cross border disputes and insolvencies.
Deborah holds Bachelor’s degrees in both Law and Psychology from the University of Otago, New Zealand and is admitted to practise as a barrister and solicitor of the High Court in New Zealand. Since qualifying, Deborah has practised at one of New Zealand’s largest corporate law firms, at a specialist litigation firm in London, and at Eversheds Sutherland where she was an associate in the restructuring team working on insolvency matters with a contentious element. She joined Enyo Law in May 2021.
- the provisional liquidation and subsequent liquidation of Allied Wallet Limited, an FCA-regulated electronic money provider
- the administration of Force India Formula One Team Limited
- acting for the liquidators of a UK construction company in pursuing claims against its former directors for breach of directors’ duties
- acting for a commercial real estate fund defending proceedings issued in the Commercial Court by a defaulting borrower
- acting for a foreign Government agency seeking to pursue claims in excess of USD 2 billion and obtain injunctive relief against multiple defendants
- advising the administrators of a UK-incorporated company providing due diligence and collateral risk management services in relation to commodity trades