Anna Brownrigg has a broad commercial disputes practice and assists clients resolve complex commercial and regulatory disputes through litigation, arbitration and mediation.
Anna advises UK and foreign corporations, state-owned entities and individuals, often with a cross-border dimension. Anna speaks fluent Spanish and Portuguese and she regularly acts for foreign clients in different jurisdictions.
Anna has particular expertise in the financial sector and in oil, gas, mining and infrastructure disputes. Early in her career Anna worked in-house at Petrobras, Brazil handling disputes, investigations and ESG related risks, and she has since acted for and against international energy and mining companies in cases around the globe involving environmental damage, breach of contract and warranty claims, fraud and corruption and ESG disputes.
Anna read Spanish and English Literature at Oxford University before completing her training contract at a City firm, which included a six month secondment to the firm’s Madrid office. Anna qualified as a solicitor in September 2013 and joined Enyo Law in March 2015. In 2020 Anna completed the Cambridge University Business Sustainability Course concerning how companies can better identify and manage ESG risks and opportunities in their operations and supply chain.
- Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation Fund & Ors v Novo Banco S.A.;  UKSC 34 on appeal from  EWCA Civ 1092
- Global Energy Horizons Corporation v Gray  EWHC 1260 (Ch) (21 May 2019)
- Fielding & Another v Burnden Holdings (UK) Limited (in liquidation)  UKSC 14
- Acted for major US agrochemical company in a series of high-value disputes relating to product liability and personal injury claims brought by US claimants and state departments.
- Acted for UK company in multi-million dollar claim against international mining company involving allegations of fraud and corruption tied to Sierra Leone mining operations.
- Acted for US company in Bermuda form insurance arbitration in connection with circa $1bn in losses from major pollution event.
- Acted for international insurance company in a politically sensitive dispute with its regulator and auditor involving a regulatory decision to withdraw the company’s license due to concerns around governance and internal risk management processes.
- Represented FTSE 100 company in £100m class action relating to allegations by investors that statements made in investment prospecta were untrue or misleading.
- Advised shareholders of an international insurance company on the scope of regulatory powers exercised against the company and possible rights of action against the FCA.
- Acted for a renewable energy business in relation to technical issues arising out of a EPC and Operating and Maintenance Agreements regarding various solar parks in the UK.
- Member of Arbitral Women
- Member of LCIA and YIAG (Young International Arbitration Group)
- University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainable Leadership
- International Commercial Disputes
- International Arbitration
- Banking & Finance Litigation
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Disputes
- Directors’ Duties
- Shareholders’ Disputes
- Professional Negligence