Samantha has a general commercial litigation practice, with a background specialising in restructuring and insolvency, debt recovery and financial regulatory matters. She advises both domestic and international corporations and individuals, often in situations involving cross-border elements.
Samantha has a keen interest in broader firm life, as well as volunteer initiatives and pro-bono work.
Samantha holds Bachelor’s degrees in both Law and Arts from Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand. She was admitted as a barrister and solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand in 2017. Since qualifying, Samantha spent more than five years practising in the commercial litigation team at a top tier law firm in New Zealand. Samantha joined Enyo Law in June 2022.
- Successfully seeking court directions on behalf of the administrators of a property development company in relation to legality of the counter party’s actions, in the context of its attempts to enforce an adjudication determination during administration
- Acting for a large overseas corporation in cross-border debt recovery proceedings, including obtaining world-wide freezing orders
- Advising and acting for insolvency professionals in relation to their formal appointments
- Significant secondment experience as in-house counsel in disputes teams of large banking clients
- Acting for an individual in his successful appeal challenging a four-year directorship ban imposed by the Registrar of Companies
- Acting for clients in the context of a financial regulatory review or enforcement action